Friday, June 11, 2010

LONNY MAG: june/july edition

The new Lonny Mag came out yesterday and it is just as beautiful as ever. If you are not familiar with Lonny then welcome to the future of magazines. It is an online magazine that comes out every two months. You literally flip the pages and are able to click on any picture to take you to its corresponding link online. I love looking for new shopping sites.

Remember my post about Rubie Green? Well, the founder of Rubie Green, Michelle Adams,  also created Lonny + photographer Patrick Cline. Together, their design sense is amazing and their photo styling is breathtaking. I obsess over every house/room they feature. In this mag, my favorite is Manhattan's couple Ethan Feirstein and Ari Heckman's bathroom. They painted it a glossy black temporarily, but fell in love with it - and so have I.  Here are some pictures of the New York men's club inspired bathroom:



[love the extendable shaving mirror & white flower - great contrast against the black]


"The glossy black walls really make the cleanness of the subway-tile shower and hexagonal white tile floors explode." - Feirstein [taken from bottom right excerpt]

Lonny features lots of designers - upcoming and established - and I love to read about their design aesthetics and style. I created a collage of some of my favorite quotes from this issue and I must say, I share a lot of the same opinions! Hope you love it as much as I do - enjoy! 
[click on all images to enlarge]

No comments:

Post a Comment