Thursday, June 10, 2010

PRINTS & PHOTOGRAPHY

I just ordered this book and this one. Neither have come in yet, but they will immediately be on display in the den. I am trying to stay up on the trends in the design world and keep all forms of inspiration around me. Lately I have been drawn to a lot of "poster-style" block prints and layered screen prints. Here are some of my recent favs:







[all images Right Brain Terrain]

I have been trying to collect inspiration for an array of framed photography and prints in Melrose. I like a mix of beautiful photography, black and white high contrast pictures, and art prints. Rather than hanging the frames on the wall in a collage, I have been drawn to staggering the frames on shelves. Here are some inspiration images:
 





But, of course I am still a fan of a hanging collage:






[scanned from house beautiful]



I love all combinations: black frames, gold frames, white frames, matt, no matt, round, square, rectangle, big, small - everything! I even like how this last picture is not symmetrical. I am thinking a photo "shelf" above my desk in the guest bedroom and a photo "collage" above Brandon's desk in the study...but we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment