Friday, June 18, 2010

HOW DO YOU MAKE YOUR BED?

Lately I have been noticing all the different "bed making" styles. I have been trying to decide on the perfect "make" for the master in Melrose. One of the first things I bought for Melrose was this lovely quilt + shams from Serena and Lily - I actually ordered it way on sale through One Kings Lane:
[the gold quilt only]

And I also purchased 2 of these small, cream pillows from Urban Outfitters - 1 side is velvet and the other is linen. The room has creamy-beige velvet curtains that puddle on the floor so the accent pillows help tie them them in to the room.


I also just ordered these gray stripe sheets and pillowcases from West Elm (I have been eyeing them for awhile and finally bit the bullet):


I am looking around for a natural linen bedskirt to go along with the accent pillows. The one I have found may or may not be on my bday wish list inspiration board on Monday. ;) Now, I am debating on what else the bed needs - euro shams, a throw, a fluffy duvet - so many options!
Here are some images of my favorite, delicious beds:



All tucked in? Love the simplicity in this room - I like the flat blanket folded under the mattress and light throw...so streamlined. [the city stage]





Pretty and neat? I like the euro shams against the wall as a makeshift headboard and the duvet folded at the foot. Laying the other pillows in front is an idea. [unknown]



Messy and comfy? [nest egg]




Adding a pop of color? Neutral color palette with the euro shams making a statement. [style at home magazine via made by girl]




Matchy matchy? LOVE this color scheme, by the way. [dwell]





Lots of pillows? [pink wallpaper]

Right now, I fold the sheet back and tuck all excess under the mattress, then I fold back the gold quilt mid way to expose the sheets but I leave it hanging over the mattress - can't wait to have the striped sheets for this reason! I stack all my pillows - smallest to tallest...so, I guess I am in between all tucked in and comfy??? 

3 comments:

  1. I am completely on board with duvets and Euro shames. I love the comfy thickness of a duvet and Euros really punch up the bedroom's look to me. Maybe it's their height? Once I get my new insert and get the Bungalow bed set, I'll post a pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do! I would like to see it all complete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicity is beauty and the themes of you room reflects on your attitude. Where did you bought your mattress? do you know bedding stock? they are a mattress store in Florida, maybe you want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete