Tuesday, May 18, 2010

FARMHOUSE TABLES

I love farmhouse tables in the dining room. I love the chipped paint, the white wash peeping though, the rustic, chunky frame, and the worn wooden planks. I just love anything with character. I purchased a "farm table" from a shop in Auburn that was built from reclaimed wood. It isn't as smooth and worn as I would like, but I hope to doctor it up a bit. Here are a few images of my favorite farmhouse tables in the dining room.


[unknown]




My farm table currently looks very similar to this one. [unknown]


But, I hope to make it look a little more like this one. I may trying rubbing white paint into the cracks and crevices, sanding, and applying some tung oil. Hopefully that will give it a more "worn" and used appearance. [a life's design]


No comments:

Post a Comment