Tuesday, July 13, 2010

THE NIGHT OF...

I finally downloaded my pictures from the "birgagement" weekend and I wanted to share them with you. I know you all are dying to see and hear the story! ;)

Since neither Brandon or I had to work Thursday, July 1st, we headed down to the beach that a.m. We encountered several "bumps" on the way down - a sinkhole on 65 South that appeared overnight delaying us an hour or so from leaving Birmingham and constant rain on the way down. Brandon said that luckily he has loyal employees to cover the sinkhole issue, otherwise we would have had to stay in Birmingham to resolve the issue - yikes! 

So, we got down to the beach around 5:30ish, unloaded our stuff, and decided to go out to eat while we waited on our friends to get down. Brandon kept hinting about a sunset cruise before dinner so I went along with it - I didn't know if he was just anxious to see Black Gold, or if he really had something up his sleeve!

We got to the boat and the weather was perfect! The rain had stopped and the clouds started to clear out revealing a beautiful sunset of blues, purples, pinks, and orange. We putted out to Crab Island, took our time enjoying the beach, and eventually Brandon turned me towards him (I was in the captain's chair) and started in on the speech. It was sweet and perfect and I couldn't ask for anything more! 

Here are some pictures from the night of...

Once we got back to the dock, the sunset was even more beautiful! I couldn't stop taking pictures!


[click on pictures to enlarge]

I don't believe any of these pictures do the ring justice, but it is gorgeous! I sent Brandon a few pictures of twisted, cable bands and he took it from there. I just requested yellow gold and solitaire and he couldn't have done a better job! 

Here are some more pictures from the exciting, celebratory weekend:


[re-do!]



[My BFF/MOH and I celebrating]



[Brandon's Mom, sister, and me on the balcony overlooking the harbor]





We had such a great time celebrating with friends and family all weekend and I can't wait for all the festivities to begin! I have an inspiration board to share tomorrow so stay on the lookout. But, don't be saddened, I will still continue to post house inspiration and updates on Melrose!

2 comments: