Wednesday, July 28, 2010

BEAUTIFUL DRESSES

This past Saturday my mom, my MOH Kathryn, and myself went dress shopping in Birmingham. It was so much fun - and tiring! But, I would have to say, I know what I like and don't like so that made the eliminating pretty easy. I like it simple, chic, and unique. I had it narrowed down to 1 at each store (we went to 2) and made the decision yesterday, trying my lead runner on one final time. Some may call me "aggressive", but I consider myself a go-getter that hates waiting til' the last minute! Just one more thing to mark off the list!

*side note - it takes several months to get a dress in, so you have to order asap for alterations and bridal portraits...at 7 months out, I am actually pushing the limit!

I know these images have been floating around blog world lately, but I think they are so beautiful and represent my taste and style, so I wanted to share them. The author of Cherry Blossom Girl blog visited designer Marcia Lucia Hohan's showroom and snapped some unbelievable photos of her showroom. Marcia Lucia Hohan designed Cherry Blossom's wedding dress. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!


















I just love the muted colors, romantic layering, soft fabrics, and most of all - simplicity!

2 comments:

  1. Oh katie... You do have to be "aggressive" in order to get all this wedding planning done! Way to be on top of choosing a dress. That was one of my favorite things I did during the planning process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So exciting KB! Congrats on finding the perfect dress!

    ReplyDelete