Tuesday, February 7, 2012

BUTTERFLY LOVE

I was thumbing through my art pinterest board this morning and I happened to notice a trend - butterflies. Most of my friends will laugh at this post and nod their heads, but I guess I have a sub conscience attraction to butterflies. Is that too girly and totally generic? Oh well! If you remember, I snuck a framed one in my office gallery wall that I found at a local antique shop.
Along with tortoise shells and antlers, I think framed butterflies are very naturally chic! What do you think? Here are some of my favorite butterfly finds that I would love to see incorporated somewhere. 
 curious prints shop on etsy has tons of great science posters to frame
 this set of butterfly photographs would look awesome individually framed and matted in white - also from etsy
 Urban Outfitters Specimen Poster - so bold and colorful with an old school feel
this little guy is very similar to my antique shadowbox - found on etsy here

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! Of course we know of your love for the b fly ;)

    ReplyDelete