Friday, March 22, 2013

WOODEN TOYS

I know all natural and organic is completely the rage these days, and I'm not one to lean too granola, but I can't help to love any beautifully designed, wooden toy. I know that most of them aren't as vivid and playful as the typical children's toy, but I guess I have too much of an appreciation for design aesthetic.  Well, I have been keeping a list of my favorite ones to eventually consider for Baby Owens and I wanted to share some of my favorites! What is your opinion on wooden toys? Love 'em or hate 'em?
ONE: These wooden cameras are too cute! I love all the fun color options - they even have a faux instagram camera, ha! 
TWO: How adorable is this zebra cart!? Makes learning to walk seem exciting, huh!? Kidding. Be sure and check out their outdoor grill and kitchen for all your little chefs! 
THREE: If you are a designer of any sort, then you will appreciate the stylish nature of these lowercase blocks! Nothing like an embossed, pretty font to make your day.
FOUR: This birch wood IKEA baby gym is easy on the eyes and bank account. I wish I had a trip to Ikea planned ...
FIVE: I am obsessed with these animal wood figures and definitely have all pictured on Baby Owens' wish list! I wish I could have them all, but at $10 a pop I may have to settle for a few. 
SIX: I had these Dwell Studio blocks on my Baby Owens board, but just recently found them for half price at our BuyBuy Baby - #winning! I have them on display they are so colorful and fun.
SEVEN: These wooden cars are officially all natural and can be used as toys, rattles, and competitive fun! 
EIGHT: With Brandon in the road construction business, I can't help but gravitate towards any type of construction paraphernalia - jammies, toys, hats, shoes, etc. - so, these construction trucks would be ideal for Baby Owens to start getting used to! 

3 comments:

  1. I am such a lover of wooden toys! There is just something special about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them! Go green, Baby O!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. Wooden toys are my favorite. We have a tub full of wooden blocks, trains, cars, and such. I shared this on a tumblr and on pinterest! <3

    ReplyDelete