Wednesday, December 22, 2010

MARBLE EFFECTS

I have noticed a design trend lately of incorporating marble textures into the print and home decor world. I saw this fun tutorial a few weeks ago via the wedding blog Ruffled on how to make your own marble paper and it inspired me. I thought it was really awesome and would make great envelope liners. You can easily customize your own colors -- it doesn't have to be neon!


Cool, huh? And, while I was flipping through the latest issue of Lonny Mag I found this spread illustrating beautiful products that all consists of marble. I love the color palette of the book cover (1) and the lamp (3).
[click to enlarge]
I can't remember how I first discovered this pillow, but it fits in perfectly with this post + my design taste ... cream and gold. 


A few months ago I posted about interior designer Kelly Wearstler's china she designed that I love. Well, besides her own china line, she also designed bedding for Sferra and the pieces are gorgeous. How do you like her marble texture? It is divine to me. 

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.

    girls dresses

    ReplyDelete