Thursday, July 14, 2011

MAKING A STATEMENT

Melrose's hallway is currently pretty bland and I want something cool to add interest to it. I definitely want to do a framed collection of our wedding pictures along the wall, but that doesn't seem like enough. So, I have been thinking of unique ways to paint it and I have found some pretty interesting inspiration ... more than just a pretty color! These pictures add interest and make a statement in an easy way.


Like I have mentioned multiple times, black is huge right now. I like the contrast of the walls versus the white ceiling. It is interesting how they just stopped the black paint at the ceiling corners and there is no crown moulding. 

I am looooving this soft mint color. Espeically paired with the white, gold, black, and brown - so simple and classic, but modern. You could easily mount your own moulding a few feet from the ceiling to achieve this look. 

 And, more black. This painted chair rail is amazing and so unique. The double stripe paint job could be combined with either of the top two pictures. The second tiny stripe adds just the right amount of drama to the room. 

Black trim ... looks like a white ceiling with cream walls. So sophisticated! 


 Another example of painted trim. This bold yellow makes a big statement in this room. Such a great, and easy way to bring in a touch of color. 

I will have to decide what will bring the most interest to the hallway and compliment the framed wedding photographs, but I am leaning towards a high chair rail with a tiny stripe - no moulding. What do you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment