Tuesday, April 6, 2010

STRIPES GALORE!

I have been painting the study (which used to be the front porch until somebody closed it in) for about the past two weeks and I have finally made progress! It was an olive-ish green, but it will soon be white with "grant beige" vertical stripes. The walls have paneling and I debated about just following the panel grooves, but I found that they are not even widths. Me being a perfectionist, I knew this inconsistency would bother me so I decided to ignore the panels and draw my own 6" stripes. 

I have been collecting inspiration images of rooms with stripes for a while now and I wanted to share a few of my favorites. Of course, I like the neutral colors the best, but bold colors can always be fun. And, for some reason I am always drawn to the narrow stripes. I like big, fat wide horizontal stripes for hallways or long walls.


My "main" inspiration for the study. [unknown]








[unknown]








I think I will eventually do the hallway to the master bedroom something something similar to this. [unknown]




[unknown]




[unknown]




Love the stripes on the worn floor. [unknown]

And, here is a sneak peek of my own stripes. I think it is going to turn out great, and Brandon said he is very impressed with my straight lines! More pics to come!


Again, sorry for the poor resolution and bad lighting - the picture is from my iphone.

2 comments: