Wednesday, November 23, 2011

MELROSE'S MASTER BEDROOM

I have been gathering inspiration photos for Melrose's master bedroom for awhile now and I wanted to share a few. I picked a dark gray paint color for the walls since the room has a lot of natural light. We have a large window and double doors that lead onto the back porch. Plus, I knew I wanted to accent the room with lots of white, cream, and gold to brighten the room as well. Other than those decisions, I have started from scratch! 


After moving in our current furniture I knew the layout of the room, but I needed decor inspiration. My toughest decision has been deciding on what type of finishes will not clash with the dark gray walls. I knew if all the furniture was dark then the room would look like a black hole. Here are some designer rooms that I have saved to reference while designing this room.
 lots of white with gold frames
 painting with light?
 simple, but sophisticated 
 our walls are similar to this color ... 
 beautifully designed ... 
 white matted photos with coral
 I like this layout a lot 
 I am obsessed with this room - the large photograph, matching fabric on bed and curtains, crisp, white decor, shag rug ... should I go on?
 dark walls with white furniture
 the artwork in this room is fabulous - who knew a white canvas could be so dramatic?
I'll post my layout mock up and inspiration boards next so you can see the correlation between inspiration and reality. Decisions, decisions! What kind of furniture do you pair with your darker rooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment